I chose the proposed regulation by EPA where its intent is to lower is to lower the amount of allowable renewable bio-fuels that will be produced in 2013. According to amendments to the Clean Air Act, each year the EPA determines the quantity of renewable fuel that is to be produced in the coming year. And for 2013, the EPA decided to decrease this amount. I feel this is a step in the right direction as a person who does not fully believe these bio-fuels are something to be fully invested in, only they are a step down the right path to alternative fuel sources.
(my apologies if the comment is hard to follow, I forgot to copy it so I could paste it into the blog before hitting "Submit" on the website, since it was too long to fit into one window on the Regulations website.)
Hi, Louie:
ReplyDeleteGood job. This was just what I was looking for in terms of this assignment. You picked an interesting issue that had some personal resonance, gave it some good thought, and provided your opinion to the government. You also tied in topics we've discussed in the SD class (e.g., global consumption issues, feedbacks between prices and supplies, and nutrient pollution).
In general, I'm glad you found a regulatory action being taken by a federal agency that concerns an issue that the public arguably should care about -- energy production. The goal of this exercise was for you to see how important policy steps are being taken basically under our noses -- that a whole lot of environmental policy, including measures that arguably affect world food availability and how we heat and fuel our homes and businesses, occurs via agency action and rule.
1.9/1.9